Posted on September 20, 2012
Job Type: Part Time / Job Share
Job Flexibility: Medium Flexibility
Location Requirement: USA – The Midwest
General Area Of Expertise: Clerical / Administration / Support
Rate Wage: $12-$20/hour
Closing Date: open until filled
GiGi’s Playhouses are Down syndrome awareness and educational centers that provide resources, specialized teaching, and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
Work with national office and local Playhouse board to coordinate all aspects of the Playhouse location including: office management, assisting with coordinating Playhouse events and fundraisers, organizing/scheduling volunteers, sharing internal and external messages with guests, and administrative duties.
• Capacity to manage multiple projects effectively and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with national office staff, board members, Playhouse staff, volunteers, families, and funders.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to problem solve, be creative, open-minded, and flexible.
• Disposition to work directly with children with Down syndrome and their families
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present a professional persona, managing multiple projects and personalities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and multi-media applications. Requirements
• 1-3 years experience in a social service environment, non-profit organization, or related field. Post high school course work (equivalent to an Assoc. degree) required, but 4 year degree not required.
• Car required.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
One day training on Friday, November 9 in Chicago.
How To Apply:
Please email us with a resume. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Details -
Business Name: GiGi’s Playhouse