Posted on September 21, 2012
Job Type: Part Time / Job Share
Job Flexibility: Corporate Flexibility
Location Requirement: USA – The Southwest
General Area Of Expertise: Advertising & PR
Rate Wage: negotiable
The Event Host/Hostess position carries out all of the daily aspects of the Birthday program including setup, cleanup, collecting payments, interacting with party guests and serving refreshments. This position will also help out the event team with special events including setup, event coordination and tear down when needed.
• Provide quality guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Coordinating and hosting birthday parties or events.
• Interacting with guests, leading activities and crafts, and/or setup/tear down of public, private or fundraising events.
• Serving refreshments, cake, ice cream and/or simple food items.
• Display a courteous and professional manner.
• Communicated needs and concerns directly to supervisor.
• Event Host/Hostess work directly with operations set up staff, caterers, Zoo Park Rangers and Group Event staff.
• Set up/tear down location for upcoming events.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and holidays.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Possession of valid driver license.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able to bend, stoop, crawl and walk on uneven surfaces
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Business Details -
Business Name: Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Apply Online: http://www.aza.org/Jobs/detail.aspx?id=27131