Posted on October 23, 2012
Job Type: Contract / Freelance, Part Time / Job Share
Job Flexibility: Total Flexibility
Location Requirement: Anywhere
General Area Of Expertise: Writing & Translation, Virtual Assistant / Researcher
Rate Wage: negotiable
SunCulture is working to Transform Agriculture by connecting farmers in the developing world with the technology and know-how required to sustainably improve crop yields while reducing input costs. The SunCulture SolarDrip Irrigation Kit uses the power of the sun to move water from any water source to high-value horticultural crops, increasing yields by up to 300%. Water is stored in an elevated tank, enabling the irrigation system to operate at night or during cloudy periods.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate SunCulture’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting directly to the Co-Founders, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
• Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
• Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations; • Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
• Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
• Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
• Conducting prospect research;
• Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals;
• Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detailoriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 2 -5 years of relevant experience are required.
The Grant Writer can work from anywhere in the world.
New York, New York, United States
Level of language proficiency
TBD, based on qualifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your CV and writing sample to email@example.com for consideration.
- Business Details -
Business Name: SunCulture