Education & Outreach Assistant
Posted on November 30, 2012
Education & Outreach Assistant
Job Type: Part Time / Job Share
Job Flexibility: Medium Flexibility
Location Requirement: USA – The Northeast
General Area Of Expertise: Clerical / Administration / Support, Education
Rate Wage: negotiable
MCC Theater, the award-winning Off-Broadway theater that has produced The Other Place, The Pride, Reasons to be Pretty, Frozen, Fat Pig, and Wit, among others, seeks highly organized, motivated and skilled Education Assistant to join the Education & Outreach Department on a Part-Time basis. In addition to producing new work by emerging and mid-career playwrights and providing development programs for young playwrights, MCC brings year-long and in-depth arts education programs to more than 1,200 public high school students a year – including the MCC Youth Company, the first and longest-operating teen ensemble of its kind in New York City. MCC is getting ready to move into its very own 2-theater complex in 2014 and this position will play a pivotal role in collaborating with the Director of Education & Outreach to expand the organization’s education programs in preparation for occupancy.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse communities within the New York City public school system, a passion for the arts and arts education, a dynamic and collaborative energy, and an imaginative approach to problem solving and relationship building that will help catapult new relationships for the Education & Outreach Department.
Key responsibilities include:
• Helping coordinate MCC’s Education Programs in preparation for the organization’s move to its new performing arts complex in 2014, primarily focusing on the newly-launched ‘Satellite Youth Company’ – a pilot program in Washington Height,.
• Supporting communication between school partners, students, families, teaching artists and other program stakeholders,
• Providing inter-departmental administrative support for education initiatives relating to fundraising, development and marketing,
• Assisting with the implementation of the ater curriculum and the administration of assessments,
• Aiding with specific departmental and organizational events as needed, and
• Representing MCC Theater at various city-wide events.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 2-3 years experience in arts education within the NYC DOE or cultural organizations,
• Bachelor’s degree in arts education, theater, theater education or other relevant field,
• Strong communication and administration skills as well as strong attention to detail,
• Ability to work well under pressure,
• Possess strong time-management and multi-tasking skills,
• Working knowledge of theater education, including familiarity with the NYC Blueprint in Theater and the NYS Common Core Learning Standards,
• Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Application deadline is December 5, 2012. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume (.pdf format preferred) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. MCC Theater is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Business Details -
Business Name: MCC Theater