Social Media Coordinator & Blogger
Posted on December 4, 2012
Social Media Coordinator & Blogger
Job Type: Part Time / Job Share, Contract / Freelance
Job Flexibility: Medium Flexibility
Location Requirement: USA – The Northeast
General Area Of Expertise: Blogging & Social Marketing
Rate Wage: negotiable
Overview of position:
The International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP) is seeking a Social Media Coordinator and Blogger to oversee the organization’s social media platforms and maintain our blog site. The Social Media Coordinator and Blogger works to: 1) disseminate the work of the ICRtoP through its online forums; 2) exert creative control over and manage the ICRtoP’s social media platforms and blog; and 3) interact with ICRtoP social media followers on the activities of the ICRtoP and other NGOs, country cases, the Responsibility to Protect (RtoP, R2P) and related topics. This position is part-time and will start in January 2013 for an initial three month contract period with the potential for extension.
• Manage and maintain ICRtoP social media platforms to engage with our audience on the work of the ICRtoP, discussions and debates on RtoP, updates on country cases, and related topics.
• Write blogs focusing on the Responsibility to Protect, countries in crisis, and related themes and topics. The frequency of posts will vary based on emerging crises, events, or other developments.
• Engage with Coalition members and partners directly to develop guest and collaborative blog posts.
• Monitor developments related to RtoP at the United Nations, ongoing country situations, and related agendas and events.
• Strong familiarity with and interest in the Responsibility to Protect norm and related issues
• Experience managing social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
• Excellent and creative writing and communication skills, particularly with social media and blogs
• Ability to work independently and comfortable working to meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of the United Nations system and background in international affairs, political science, history or other related areas
The Social Media Coordinator and Blogger position will require a minimum of 10-15 hours per week to develop blog posts and maintain the ICRtoP’s social media channels. Additionally, candidates must be available to constantly monitor developments and remain engaged online. A stipend is available to support this position and is negotiable based on the applicant’s experience.
The International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP) is a global network of NGOs working to build awareness of and support for the norm, strengthen capacities to prevent and halt genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and mobilize NGOs to push for action to save lives in RtoP country-specific situations.
708 Third Avenue, 24th Floor, New York, New York, 10017, United States
January 7, 2013
December 10, 2012
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested please send your cover letter, CV, and a sample blog on a related topic to Schmidt@responsibilitytoprotect.org by December 10. If you have had recent experience maintaining an organization’s social media platforms, please share the relevant pages for review. Please also provide any relevant references for consideration.
- Business Details -
Business Name: International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP)